Stay safe with AvantiGas LPG
What every LPG or gas user should know...
Whether its LPG or mains gas, we all understand how important it is to have your boiler checked and serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning.
Every year across the, UK more than 200 people go to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning, which leads to around 50 deaths. It is a highly poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it, but it can kill quickly with no warning.
By taking proper care of your gas appliances, you are taking care of your home and your loved ones.
What you should do in an emergency
In an emergency - for any outdoor gas leak or major fire please contact AvantiGas on 0870 753 9999 and in the case of a fire call 999 notifying them that the fire involves LPG. Please note a gas order is NOT an emergency. Should you be able to, turn off the gas at the main shut off valve under the tank hood. For any indoor gas leak switch off the emergency valve, open doors and windows to ventilate the building and contact your installer or the engineer who maintains your appliances.